Okay, so it's been November, but I have a time management / denial issue, which is another blog entry unto itself.
November means NaNoWriMo month, when tens of thousands of insane...uh, I mean motivated...people aspire to, and in many cases actually successfully write, a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.
As they say on their web site, "It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly. Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap. And that's a good thing. By forcing yourself to write so intensely, you are giving yourself permission to make mistakes. To forgo the endless tweaking and editing and just create. To build without tearing down."
For the second year in a row, my neighbor will be participating and I will probablynot be participating.
That's to say that it's one of those things I'd like to do (sort of) and think I should do (sort of) but in all reality, I believe the world is better served by me concentrating on living in the moment and working on things like poetry, short stories, my grandmother's oral history and feeding my family.
Maybe next year.
Or maybe this year.
But probably not until next year. At the soonest.
Could you do this? Would you?
Tomorrow I'll figure out what psychic void I'm trying to fill with Halloween Candy. And I'll talk about the Candy Fairy.
But for now, I have this goal of > 6 hrs of sleep a night, and my pillow calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment