Friday, November 30, 2007

The only benefit I can see

of blogging daily this month - or, I should say, of having an entry recorded for every day this month - is that I proved to myself that I could do so.

I might have stretched myself a little here or there, I might have gotten back into the grove of daily writing.

By thinking about something worthwhile to say every day, I realized both how much I get lost in trivia and logistics and how little I allow myself to sink down and contemplate and write about more meaningful stuff. So much for being a philosophy minor in college.

Honest review of monthly writing goals reached:
wrote 3 new poems, edited a couple of old ones
wrote most of one more chapter in the novel - the most I've added to it in probably a year

bah.
Onward, McDuff! (which allusion, by the way, I must have slightly wrong - because I cannot find the source for it online, only other allusions that must also be wrong. MacDuff doesn't get me any closer to the answer - suggestions, oh my 2 readers?)

No comments: