**warning. mush follows. not for the cynical of heart.**
The first love note I found this morning was attached to my car keys when I went to start my daily half-pot of decaf.
(Um. Not that I need my keys to start the coffee maker. They were just near it on the counter.)
That one post-it note would have been enough to have me secretly smiling to myself all day.
But then I found another note on the bathroom mirror.
And another on the dashboard of my car.
It seemed like a note had been placed in every spot I might run into one at oh-dark-thirty when I prepare for work in the morning.
Short and simple.
(The notes, not their author.)
I came to work feeling like I was the best-loved woman on the planet.
And to make it even better, I'm loved by the coolest, smartest, funniest, dearest man I could ever hope to meet.
***
I divide my workdays between two desks in two departments in the office, so I wouldn't have found the last note until after 9am if my coworker hadn't emailed me to come to my other department early to see what had been left there.
I can't believe the lush beauty of the bouquet of red roses D. had delivered.
The note attached to the blooms is the same short message that I'd seen on the post-its.
There's hardly room on my desk (either desk) for the arrangement.
There's hardly room in my heart for how grateful I am to have such a sweetheart as a best friend and husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment