An online journal and home for other scribblings. No promises of either profundity or profanity, no guarantee of grammatical correctness. Just me, as I am, at the moment.
Monday, May 24, 2004
Observation at the Taqueria
The woman who works the counter at the local taqueria casually runs her palm across the wet side of the drink machine behind her. Then she turns and puts a burrito into a plastic bag. The condensation from the machine dampens her fingers and makes it easier for her to separate the plastic of the bag. When I caught her doing this Friday, I told her I thought it was a clever trick. But really I was thinking how I must write this down, write down how this little efficient thing she does dozens of times a day is so like the caress a mother would give a young child in passing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment