Friday, November 18, 2005

A NaNo NoWrite day

So, I've had a one day sabbatical from actually writing any part of the novel. This has been a matter of survival, since I was completely on duty with other things and not able to sit down in front of a keyboard or paper until 9:30, and at that time, I just crashed.

It would have been a hard workweek even if it hadn't lasted 6 days. Throw in an event for the school every night Tues-Friday, a sick kid, a Top Secret High Security recovery job for a Hollywood Studio that consumed one of my days at work, a birthday party, and a half-dozen errands and the usual housekeeping and trying to write and job in between the teensy-tiny cracks. Okay. I am SO ready for this weekend. Even though there's a school committee meeting Sat. & a school parent/teacher retreat Sunday, ballet, riding lessons, and company over Sunday. That feels like nothing compared to last week.

I'm even more ready to write this weekend. Somehow. Anyhow.
And next week, when I will work only one full day and two very short days before we are on Thanksgiving vacation - well, next week may well be very good indeed.

No comments: