So the first day of NaNoWriMo is done, and what have I learned?
That I am already too dependent on making this happen through the use of lots of caffeine.
That since I will be single-parenting at night for at least a week while D works a late shift, I'll have to be even more creative and disciplined than I thought I'd have to be.
That if I'm not willing to cut out all social activities for the month to do this (I've talked about my stoopid pride before, haven't I?), I will have to expect to pay the price.
That one of the compromises I make might could be educational videos (like the French language instruction one we currently have from the library) to keep the kids entertained while I write.
But so far, I'm on target. Lots of words written (over 3,000 so far, but that includes a section written 2 years ago that will have to be pared down and re-incorporated correctly).
A fat, horrible, first part of a first chapter of the first draft. An outline. A voice starting to emerge.
No comments:
Post a Comment