Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday review

Okay, here's a bloggy snapshot of a typical weekend day in review...of no interest to anyone but me, really, but still in keeping with my desire to post an entry for every day that I'm forty. (Which is a pretty arbitrary but nonetheless adequate excuse for reintroducing the discipline of writing daily...)

The day went something like this:

*slept in (ah! how nice)
*went for a much-needed jog (had dreamed I was running, a sure sign that 4 days without it is too many)
*went to the grocery store (alone! another luxury!)
*D left for his weekly gaming session
*had friends over for a playdate (for both the girls and me)
*took R to a slumber party while my friend watched the little girls
*the friends left, & because S had been so crabby & whiny all day,
*I forced her to have a "rest time" which started with us finishing The Wide Window & ended in a 2+ hour nap (for both of us)*woke from nap, went shopping for new curtains (no luck),
*had dinner out at Applebee's (just right)
*then bedtime routine, and more sleep (ah! how nice)

And there's one more weekend day to go, with the chance of even more sleep. I love sleep. I love three day weekends.

No comments: