A three day weekend is especially sweet after one has had a one day weekend, as I just did.
The plan for tomorrow is for us to remove the single pane window in our bedroom and replace it with a double-pane window that his sister gave us - something like three years ago.
Actually, the plan is for D. to remove the window and for me to provide moral support and supervision of our kids and any other friends that are here. I never, ever, thought the word "playdate" would become so central to my existence. Does this mean that our girls will have full social calendars for the rest of their lives?
How does that happen?
I mean, genetically, do two introverts combined always breed only extroverts, like two negatives making a positive? How could a loner plus a loner equal children who already have more friends in elementary school than their parents have had, combined, in forty years? Go figure. Or maybe it's the fact that D. and I are Virgos, while our children are a loving Libra and a partying Leo, respectively. (btw, check out Suzanne's site for more horoscope musings and a suspiciously flattering birthday photo of yours truly with the Writers Group gals.)
Must go. My vanity is showing. And the weekend has begun!
No comments:
Post a Comment