Monday, June 14, 2004

June 14, 2004

It was a good weekend.

We went to Monterey a little later than originally planned, because S. was sick Friday, and it didn't sound like a good idea to spend hours in the car with a feverish "four-and-free-quarters" year old and her bucket. But we left early Saturday, and made good time, and she was well for the whole weekend.

We went to the Aquarium both Sat. and Sunday. We've been members for 11 years now, and still are not sick of it.

We ate at the restaurant at the hotel, and had room service in the morning, and the girls swam in the pool - all compliments of the gift certificates the company had given out as a bonus last year. Very very nice. I even managed a 7 mile run yesterday along the beach. It's not every day that I get to jog down a well-paved path just a few yards from seals and otters.

(Friday I signed up for a half-marathon that I'm far from being ready for. But the run in Monterey was a start.)

Today it's back to the grind but fortunately I really do feel pretty recharged and ready to take on some of it, anyway.

No comments: