So I had to squeeze the weekend into one day because I worked Saturday. Squeezing the weekend into one day included a very long run, household chores, skipping church, digging more of on the ditch in the front yard, taking the kids on their bikes to the park, grocery shopping, and making sure that the Father of the house got to do pretty much whatever he wanted all day. What he wanted to do is further purging of the contents of the garage.
I'm not sure how D. has gone from being such an avid packrat to someone who throws away everything with abandon. It's almost like a little switch in some gene has been flipped and now he takes things apart and stuffs them in the trash can in a state of manic glee. (I'm anticipating a letter from Empire Waste Management about the weight of our trash can breaking their truck's mechanical arm even though D. assures me this won't happen.)
I am almost there - having fantasies about throwing away the minutes from church session meetings from 9 years ago, for example. But to date, I have only successfully gone through belongings and thrown them out when I'm alone in the house and can concentrate. Apparently, I need silence to properly bid goodbye to old crap.
And time away from work to write a blog entry - this one has taken hours, ten seconds at a time. All for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment