So about two weeks ago, I installed Linux (the Ubuntu version) on the secondary ide drive in my PC. This was toward the tail-end of a online Unix class I took to re-acquaint myself with vi editor and other the pleasures of line commands. I know. I'm a geek. But it's all relative. I'm only a geek compared to some. On a daily basis, I am surrounded by people who have more geekiness in their left pinky than I shall ever embody.
I've always preferred DOS over Windows. But Linux has DOS trumped.
I'm only in the earliest stages of playing with Ubuntu and have not yet fine tuned it, but so far, so good. Thanks anyway, Mr. Gates, but I think I've found something better for the non-Mac machine in our house. In honor of my latest toy, I've got a link to Ubuntu on the sidebar. Any other takers?
No comments:
Post a Comment