So I completely missed, as in forgot until many hours after the fact, two appointments within two days: an online writing session, and a hearing test for R. These are appointments that I was fully conscious of 24 hours before they were to take place. I'd talked to people about them, I'd envisioned myself there. Maybe I envisioned myself too well, and crossed them off some mental checklist as done.
But where I once would have spent a long time (longer than it's taking to compose this blog entry, email my writer friends and reschedule with the Dr. office) agonizing over why I'd been so stupid or forgetful, today I'm pretty much leaving it at this: Oops.
What I did with my time instead of these appointments was to post a blog entry and watch an episode of Friends with D. last night, and supervise the only slightly controlled mayhem of three eleven year olds (R. and the two most...um... energetic boys in her class) and S today. They literally chased each other around the house screaming, they did their homework, they had snack, and we walked to a nearby park with Albion the dog and explored the creek. The boys were fascinated by some elaborate graffiti under an overpass as the creek, wishing for a few drops of paint in the very empty spray cans they found ("But it's art!" they protested in futile earnestness when I called them away). The girls looked for frogs. The dog was in heaven, padding around in the shallow water and smelling a gazillion green and growing dog-detectable smells.
For dinner later, S. and I made pizza from scratch (Trader Joe's did provide the dough). The boys were delivered to their respective mothers. I crashed when the girls did (D. had to go back to work tonight), and have only gotten up to write this entry.
You know, the entry where I say that I so easily let it go that I'd missed those appointments, but where I nonetheless find it so important to write about what I did instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment