
Some of you may have already seen this out there, but my coworkers have been all abuzz lately about James Hill's run for Congress in Iowa. This is a candidate who is willing to expose his personal history and private convictions (or lack thereof) to public scrutiny. He's apparently someone who is so fed up by the corruption of politicians, he includes choice phrases in his site like, "Every day I fight the urge to drink, debauch women out of wed-lock and beat people on the street. One urge I do not have is to sell myself to the highest bidder."
He may offend many, but his honesty and ability to stand tall and say, "ARRRRR!" just in time for the upcoming Talk Like a Pirate Day have won the admiration of others.
And speaking of the admiration of others (not coy, I), I was blessed this evening by the inspirational and inspired gifts and really, really good chocolate from my colleagues Julia & Suzanne. I call it a writer's group. And it is that. But it's so much more as well! Thanks for spoiling me, gals.
No comments:
Post a Comment