...then Fifty feels great. I was spoiled Thursday at work with presents and honey-bee lemon curd honeycomb-shaped cupcakes. And today was wonderful. An indulgent breakfast, good coffee made by my husband, a great phone call from my birth dad, a dip into a poetry book, then the triple play combo: haircut/massage/facial (such decadence!), then driving in the areas east of town where D. & I would love to have a house with a few acres, just scoping out the not-yet-possible. Incredible churro cheesecake made by N., bumming around with the kids...I also got some hive watching in (nothing says happy birthday like healthy bees) and a walk with the dog in the dark. Surprisingly, I had next to no desire to binge on food today - instead, I honored my body. [Um. Except for the bacon/donut breakfast and cheesecake dinner...] But when I had a choice of drinks, I mostly wanted (and got) a green vegetable juice. And I didn't buy any candy or down a bunch of booze. I
do want this mortal coil to last as many more decades as possible before I shuffle it off!
I am so very, very grateful to the many - certainly
more than 50 - people who have touched my life in positive ways! Both sets of parents, all my siblings, my husband and children, all my family & friends & mentors....so many truly wonderful human beings. I am blessed.
Besides, you gotta love a kid that puts 4-0 on your 50th birthday cake....
No comments:
Post a Comment