Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Shelter-in-Place Day 8

Today was remarkable because I received a quick and not automated rejection email from a literary journal. If I were taking part in the 100 rejections a year community in one of my FB groups, that would be one to add to the list.

I spent the day painting the living room. I guess these projects always take longer than you think they will. It feels frivolous while so many things are happening that are so much more important - a nephew with a burst appendix, a half-sister in ICU with heart problems - but not, as far as we know right now, coronavirus. But I can't seem to not take advantage of the shelter-in-place order to complete things that have needed doing for a long time. In spite of the heartache so many are feeling, I am so happy at home.

No comments: