Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Shelter-in-Place Day 22

Here's what the Johns Hopkins map of America looks like right now:



Over 1,500,000 cases. 314 dead in California.

And yet, the irises are about to bloom, and my vegetable starts are sprouting. The pair of crows to whom I feed walnuts, who had been absent for a day or two, are back. The three people who live here are still working and/or being paid. N. and A., while not working, are at least dividing time between here and Sebastopol, and are not flying back to New Jersey, as they had previously planned. It's a new hot spot, and I'm grateful that they're here, and safe.

Broadway is closed until June.
Bernie Sanders has dropped out of the Presidential race.

I continue to send poems out to journals at a rate of one per day this month. It's a little like playing the lottery or planning a trip, where the anticipation of the results is at least half the fun.

No comments: