I installed the new swarm colony early this morning and then spent a couple of hours sitting next to the hive watching it. The truth is, I could watch beehives most of the day and not get bored.
This probably harkens back to my ant-keeping days, and it makes me wonder how much of my personality is comprised of this observer trait. And whether that's helpful for a writer, or a sign of laziness and passivity, or just the neurosis that results from a childhood in which it is necessary to assess one's environment for potential flare ups of mental illness or anger. Or a little of each.
Or hey, maybe it just goes along with my tendency to overthink everything. See above.
And at any rate, I have always loved critters, as evidenced by many a pose with pets and at petting zoos from the days when my hair was blonde and my skirts were short.
No comments:
Post a Comment