I have much to say, and yet I am at a loss for words.
An online journal and home for other scribblings. No promises of either profundity or profanity, no guarantee of grammatical correctness. Just me, as I am, at the moment.
Saturday, May 30, 2020
Shelter-in-Place Day 74
Protests all over the country after the recent death of George Floyd in Minnesota, a black man who was pinned to the ground by a police officer with his knee on Floyd's neck. For nine minutes. The incident (I hate that these things still happening) reminded residents of the county of the death of a young hispanic boy, shot by police several years ago, and so there was a big gathering in downtown Santa Rosa - 100 to 200 people - a couple of blocks from the library. As darkness fell, things grew violent. There was vandalism and a pepper spray response from the police. Similar crowds elsewhere earlier in the week prompted the POTUS to tweet incendiary remarks, which started a feud between Twitter and the President. The country falls apart due to a pandemic and resulting economic collapse and he plays golf. Twitter tags his posts for fact check and inciting violence, and he signs and executive order trying to restrict social media.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment