Sunday, July 25, 2004

July 25, 2004

We had a visit from one of my oldest and dearest friends and her family today. (And I am not just writing this because I know that you're going to be reading my blog, C.
They have a five-year-old boy who is stunningly beautiful and brilliant, and the two best tempered more adorable one-year-olds I've ever met. We had such a good time hanging out together.

Before and after the visit, D. worked on the front yard (otherwise known as the front construction zone). I cannot believe how hard my husband is capable of working. He's like a machine. And he was gushingly grateful for my help when I did very little apart from provide moral support and dig out about a sixteenth of the area he's dug out.

Tomorrow we get a dumpster and gravel. We're well on our way. And in the meantime, we're giving our neighbors something to talk about.

R. is off at camp again. I drove her out this afternoon.

S. turns 5 on Wednesday.

D. is soaking in the tub.

The dog is asleep in the hallway.

I am practicing short, declarative sentences.

No comments: