Tonight I spent time working with my friend Molly in what is probably most conveniently described as a grief counseling session. There was a lot more to it than that. Molly is an extraordinary woman - a henna artist who also does personal growth work (including past life work, which is a whole other blog entry...).
But regardless of what anyone else might say about the methodology, I feel like a good deal of healing took place.
Thanksgiving is coming up. I'll be spending the holiday with my birth mom and family, including close relatives I've never met before (!), and I'm very excited about it, but I also know that it'll be a time when I'll be thinking about my mom a lot. It was important to "process" (what a clinical term for what the heart really is doing!) some of my emotions around my mom's death.
Note to self: it's never too late to have a conversation with someone you've lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment