Sunday, April 17, 2016

Is it Monday Yet?

So a full weekend is not a bad thing, but my dance card was even more full than usual today. It went something like this:

*Up early to let the chickens out and take Tango for a walk+jog. It was a good outing, except that he's a friendly sort of dog, and picked the few minutes I had him off-leash to hunt down a new buddy by the side of the creek near the airport. A black and white buddy.

*Home for an hour of de-skunking. Tango didn't seem to care in the least that he'd been sprayed. But he wasn't so happy about being washed. Repeatedly. First with the peroxide+baking soda+liquid soap recipe found online, then with people shampoo, then with a dip from a pet store, then at another pet store. He finally hardly smells like skunk at all.

*Off to help my father-in-law with his budget, which included twenty minutes trying to figure out what a recent $500 check was for. (An hour drive each way...)

*After being home for approximately one minute, out again to take S. forty minutes north to an orchestra rehearsal, with a stop for grocery shopping on my way back.

*Dinner with N. et. al. (I forced them to watch Man Up with me.)

*Writing.

On the way out to my father-in-law's I got caught up with my sister. On the way home, I spoke with my sister-in-law. I'd almost lost my voice by dinner time. Again, all good stuff (Um. Except the skunk) and if I'm asleep within 7 minutes from now, I'll get a full seven hours of shut-eye. But I'm done in.

No comments: