I'm cheating. I'm posting early morning 08/02 but am backdating to call this 8/1/04's post, because I'll post again tonight.
The party went well. I know this because when I asked D., "How do you think they party went?" He said, "It was great!" And then he gave R. his fake psychopath google-eyed glare and said, "How do you think it went?" until she stammered, "Fantastic!"
D. knows that even if the guests arrive before I unload the groceries and while there is still a stack of dirty dishes on the counter and we have not disinfected the stinky dog pen (all of which was true in this case), of even if children melt down left and right and parents fight and things get broken (none of which happened, fortunately) - he knows that no matter how dismal a failure a party we host is, if he says the party went well, I'll believe him.
There were 8 children between 4 and 10 (including our two), and 11 adults (including us). Seven of the guests were neighbors, two were S's preschool teachers (current & past). D's father was the only relative who made it - and since he (and my oldest brother) have the same birthday as S., we were celebrating his day too.
There were no party games. I'd bought some "fun foam" for the kids to make things with, and that kept them very entertained. They just played, apart from that. And we had cake. Giant Care Bears on a Sugar Rainbow cake. Let me know if you'd like some - we have extra left over and it's going to take all my will power - plus this statement in writing in my blog - for me not to have any more of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment