Today after R. had her riding lessons and I picked up S. from a playdate, we went next door and met our neighbor's friends from Montreal and swam and chatted. They are nice people, kind people who are bright and friendly and have a good sense of humor. To see a couple who obviously love one another and their children, and to see them play with their children (two girls, 11 and 13) is very refreshing. It reminded me again of what I want with my family.
Tonight the local gym hosted a Parent's Night Out. For $25, we were able to take the kids to play in a fun safe environment from 6:50-10:20pm while we had a chance to be alone together. (With the added benefit that I didn't have to clean the house for a babysitter.)
Dan and I were able to talk about what's working and what's not working in our lives, and we had a good sushi dinner to boot. The girls came home exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment