Friday, August 06, 2004

August 6, 2004

Here's how you'll know I'm cheating: the time of this post is 11:59pm 8/6/04, which means I really am posting early morning 8/7/04.

What would I do without the Writer's Group? So nice to have accountability and an ear and two other sets of eyes, and so nice to hear other writers' work develop.

J. - good luck with the book treatment!
S. - good luck with contacting the PD!
(Go ladies, go!)

I, in the meantime (who am strung out on decaf mochas and on too much talking about myself) will research the market, work on short stories, work on poems - chapbook competition, deadline the end of this month - and in general try to stay focused (focus, Julia) on my work.

I have a drawer of rejection letters, but they're old. At the very least, I should update my collection of no-thank-you's from editors. Things don't get published if they sit in a drawer, and certainly they don't get published if they are never brought to fruition by busily typing fingers.

No comments: