Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Long Day before the Longest Night

Between being at work at 6am and arriving home from a party at 10:30pm, I took 8 teens and young adults (caravanning in 2 cars) to the Dickens Fair and drove from Petaluma to Novato to Petaluma to South San Francisco to Petaluma to San Rafael & home. Whew! Actually, D. drove the last 2 trips in the evening so I shouldn't complain.

The Fair was great fun, and the party was also nice, especially caroling with a group that knew most harmonies from Catholic choir. I also managed to make fudge to go with the shortbread I'd made yesterday.

Did you know shortbread is the Anti-Paleo treat? Its ingredients are solely three of the things one is not to eat while on the "Paleo" diet: sugar, butter and flour. Even making it felt like a rebellion when I'd spent October and November (and a tiny bit of December) trying to adhere to a diet of fresh food: fruits, vegetables and lean meats. In theory, anyway!

No comments: