Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday Hazards

It's such a dangerous combination: the stress of the holiday, the abundance of treats, and the cold and dark days. Throw in fighting off the flu, and I've gained five pounds in the last two weeks. That's the wrong direction on the scale, and may not represent a horrible tail-spin, but it still affects morale and how tightly my pants fit!

This week promises to be busy but includes some good stresses: interviewing job candidates, R coming home, decorating the tree we bought yesterday, finishing purchases and shipping off those I've made. The last three nights in a row I slept nine hours or more, so at least I'm doing all right in that category!

And the weekend was good: seeing friends at a party, a production of Scrooge by the local Waldorf charter high school students. Reminds me of the 7th grade drama class production of what may have been the same script, where I was Mrs. Cratchit and Bob Cratchit was played by a boy who went on to do Broadway and television, as well as voice overs. He was also Georg Von Trapp to my Maria in the 8th grade Sound of Music. So while I was not a professional actor, I've played opposite one, and we'd once calculated that we'd had nearly 20 fictional children together!

No comments: