An online journal and home for other scribblings. No promises of either profundity or profanity, no guarantee of grammatical correctness. Just me, as I am, at the moment.
Friday, December 20, 2013
Thanks, I Needed That
I left work early, not feeling well but also because I needed to pick S. up from school for "early release" (which sounds like something I fisherman might do). Then when, at 2:30, I told S. I was going to take a nap for "about an hour" we both laughed, because those naps often last longer. This one lasted eight hours! So apparently I needed the rest to fight off whatever I'm still trying to fight off. The end result, however, is a stretch of four hours of being awake in the middle of the night. Tidying the house. Baking shortbread. Gathering costumes for tomorrow's foray into the Dickens Christmas Fair. Since I'm working 6am-10am tomorrow before the Fair (yes, on a Saturday), and am going to a party after the Fair tomorrow night, it's just as well I've had the sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment