I'm doing an 8-week fitness and nutrition challenge sponsored by my work (thank you, generous employer!). I want to try to keep it as low-key as possible around my family, because as my husband recently pointed out, no one wants to hear complaints about what you can't eat when you've put yourself on the diet. I get that. It's like a back-handed bragging to say, "Well, you people can have sugar and bread and dairy, but I can't."
So I'm doing this with humility and quiet focus. At least, that's the look I'm aiming for.
And while noting it here serves the dual purpose of entering my post for the day and more of the above-mentioned boasting, it also serves as accountability. I may gripe or brag about the process here and there over the next week. Might as well lay the groundwork now.
More about the challenge can be found here.
No comments:
Post a Comment