If I were a fence, I'd be falling over. (Ha ha. Get it? Missing posts? A fence? Thank you. I'm here all week. Tip your waitress.)
So I've skipped posting for a few days - 3! More than any since Dec. 1! - and so I'm trying desperately now to remember what, if anything, is worth posting from today. "Today" being Thursday and now being Saturday.
Did women keeping diaries and journals in the last two centuries ever do this? This retro-posting where they actually lied about the date and went back and wrote as though they were in that moment again? I don't remember seeing this, when I've read such things. I remember reading instead a weekly catch up in Anne Morrow Lindbergh's works, for example, where the author would recap in great detail the happenings of the missing days. I've chosen instead to write little snippets instead of in-depth analysis and review. I can say I'm saving the deeper thinking for my poetry. In fact, I'm going to keep saying it as it becomes more and more true.
No comments:
Post a Comment