Sunday, January 12, 2014

Morning Bliss

It's Sunday morning. All the other people currently living here are asleep. Even the dog has gone back to bed.

So I have this blessing of a few minutes alone. Just me, my cup of black coffee, and my laptop. Words on the screen. Quiet, apart from the hum of the fridge and the sound of the rabbit munching on her food. The finch and parakeet are making beeping finch™sounds back and forth like an audio ping-pong game, too. But this is tolerable white noise. This is peace. There's even some sun hitting our back yard.

Perhaps this time is special because it's rare, but I wouldn't mind starting all my days like this. I feel there's so much good work I could do in this environment, before I lose a piece of myself to each person who is up and about in the house. Perhaps I should find a way to not be so easily distracted by the sound and movement of my family. There's something to be said for the absent-minded professor approach. I could be the mad poet woman who forgets to shop for her groceries, make meals, pay the bills, do the chores, supervise the homework, shower, speak English.

Well, maybe not those last two.

No comments: