Today was as close to a perfect day as makes no nevermind.
I slept in - past eight! D. got up before me, which almost never happens.
I got up, lazed around a bit, then went for an hour run. Nice.
Got back, & D. had fed the girls breakfast & was working on setting up the Massive Fish Tank. I'd left them all happy, with the soundtrack to Oklahoma playing. And I returned to them all happy as well.
Puttered around, talked about summer plans, had a very late breakfast with D. while the girls giggled & played make-believe that S was a wild mustang that granted wishes (sometimes "opposite wishes") to people.
D. went to work & I painted one of the walls in the livingroom, which took hours because I was careful with the prep-time and the actual painting. I am notorious for getting paint everywhere when I paint, and for missing spots on the walls (I think the technical term is "holidays"). But this time, I did all right. I cleaned up, D. got home from work, and we headed south for dinner with Julia and family. I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all. We had to drag the girls and ourselves away.
No comments:
Post a Comment