D is still painting and the girls are packing for the camping trip. I'm editing the Romanian memoir until I get too sleepy, then switching to another task, then back to the book.
I see that in the midst of so much to do, the blog becomes a repository of "what I did today-ness," but I'd rather write this kind of entry than no entry at all. I was ticking off to-do lists with a friend yesterday and explained (and I believe this to be true) that I was not complaining or even playing the common 'how I'm busier than you" card - I was really just naming items as a way of putting it in order out loud.
I have about another hour before we're due to leave for the camping trip.
The weather may hold. I'm sure the overnight will be a blast for the kids. It'll be a test, for me, of letting go of all the stuff I'll feel that I'd much rather be doing at home in the interest of being present and - God forbid! - enjoying myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment