Monday, June 06, 2005

The hours I keep

Last night at around 1am, S came to the bed crying but not, apparently, from a nightmare. She was soon comforted and sleeping in bed again, but she'd reminded me that I'd completely forgotten (for 2 days) the project I'd agreed to do for her Kindergarten teacher - printing about 75 digital pictures for an end-of-year project. So I got up around 4am and worked on it until I had to leave for work. D gave the news that he'd bring the finished photos tomorrow, and tonight, after getting the girls to bed and napping myself, I got up again at around 10:30 and have been working on it since.

This means less than 6 hours of sleep again, followed by what promises to be another challenging day at work. It's the most intentionally I've burned both ends of the candle in a while - I even had a home-made latte earlier in the evening to make this awake-time possible - but it's short term, and I honestly can't see around it right now, so I'll make do!

No comments: