Sunday, June 12, 2005

Home

I highly recommend a weekend at a retreat and conference center overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Highly. For everybody. All of you, one after another or together. Bathing suits optional.

So you know how, in *most* situations, you would have to gather together some wild and reckless rule-breaking friends to work up the nerve to go skinny dipping? I actually found myself in a position this weekend of trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to find someone who was going to the baths with a suit. Okay. So not all parts of the place are ideal for everyone.

But the food was incredible, and so organic and healthy, it made Whole Foods seem like a junk-food grocer. And the poetry workshop was awesome. Good people, a very encouraging atmosphere, and I wrote 3 (count 'em - 3!) new pieces. The teacher gave me a personal nod regarding the work I was doing, which did wonders for my fragile poet's ego. I came back rested, renewed and feeling a re-birth with my writing.

And my family and home were so nice to return to. Not only did nothing blow up while I was gone, D. made it look easy. The girls had fun, the house was clean, there were new grasses in the front yard and new tiger barbs in the tank - and tonight the BIG fishies were moved to their new BIG home. So much good stuff in one weekend. I can hardly stand it.

No comments: