Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Just before Midnight

...on a day that has lasted forever.
visitors tomorrow at work from a major Japanese corporation, and I spent the night(after all of the other work of the day was done) shopping for something appropriate to give them as a gift, and then trying to figure out how to wrap it and present it.

I hate shopping.
I waited until too late to go anywhere except, pretty much, Safeway or the QuickMart.
I suck at gift wrapping.
I bought things that are not shaped to be wrapped easily. How clever of me.
And yet, I want more than anything to please and make a good impression on our Important Corporate Visitors from Japan.

Today has been a character building day.

Taken moment by moment, however, it's all perfectly manageable.

As long as my eyes don't fall out of their sockets, I'll be fine.

D is quarantining the tiger barbs he'd bought out of the Big Tank because they were ganging up like Chihuahuas against Lao Tsu, the English Mastiff of the freshwater sea. Actually, D's got the barbs in a little holding pen like a group of prisoners with their stripes and their vicious habits.

He's wondering WHAT he was thinking, putting 19 nasty little territorial fish in the tank.

Me? I'm sitting here being grateful that I was resourceful enough to avoid Slurpies and jerkey sticks as the gifts for our business guests tomorrow.

No comments: