I try to stay away from politics in this blog, if only because I know that the four or so people who might read it have a wide range of political leanings, and I'm not interested in ruffling feathers.
For those of you who have not figured it out yet through knowing me, reading this, or other inference, I did not vote for George Bush. Either time. I respect the office of the President, and I am trying to teach my children to respect our country's leaders. Also, I would like to believe that Mr. Bush sincerely thinks he is doing what is best for this country.
However.
I am angry and bitter and ashamed about where he has lead the U.S., and I do not hold him in high regard. To say the least. He is not invited to Thanksgiving at our house. And I will not be sending him a Christmas card. Praying for him, yes. Sending him a Christmas card, no.
I just got an email that began "Sharon Olds has declined to attend the National Book Festival in Washington" and linked to this article from The Nation. Keep in mind that I don't read The Nation, and don't even know where in the Moveon.org<-->American Enterprise Institute spectrum it falls. However, if I were First Lady Bush, I'd be feeling the sting of Ms. Old's open letter. Especially the last four paragraphs.
Happy First Day of Autumn, Washington D.C. and everyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment