That worked about as well as it usually does.
I don't really sleep, anyway. I just have pauses between dreams.
All this 12th Night season it has been dreams and more dreams: of disenfranchisement: exile and exodus, fighting, fleeing, working, singing, speaking other languages, unrequited love.
A tip for the wary: do not let someone who thinks he is your friend tell the Queen, in front of members of the Court, that you and an unsuitable courtier have feelings for one another. Even if you haven't acted on said feelings, if they are untoward, the Queen will have to have you both killed for it. Or if she's feeling especially lenient (and because she really does care about you and your would-be lover), she'll only command you both to marry someone more appropriate. Immediately. Which can be more painful than a quick death, actually, because then you're forced to live out your lives apart from one another. *sigh*
I wish my 12-year old daughter would stop talking about Johnny Depp and the characters from the Pirates movies.
It apparently is affecting my subconscious.
No comments:
Post a Comment