Today S. had an after-school playdate & R. and I did a little shopping and hung out together. I was surprised at how excited we both were at having the chance to spend time with each other.
An afternoon alone with R. is so different from an afternoon alone with S. It reminds me of the time I used to spend with my maternal grandmother. She'd alternate weekends with her 4 grandchildren, and she once told me that because we were such different types of people, she'd customize the activities to suit each guest. So with my oldest brother, she might play board games, and with my older brother, she might go for a walk. She and I would read or take nature hikes, while she and my sister might play cards. We all liked different things to eat, and all preferred different heirloom dishes to eat with. She spoiled us with her undivided attention and her appreciation for our uniqueness.
I can't say that my time with R. yesterday reached such magical heights, but we did feel conspiratorial while we gallivanted from store to store buying duct tape (and there's Another Blog Post waiting to happen) and earrings. We're doing it again tomorrow, too - whoo-hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment