I had mixed feelings about the possible bribery/threat component with "earning" something, and at times, R. said she wished she didn't have the pressure hanging over her. But she did a good job for the few months she was working for her pet, and in the end, it was some kind of agreement between her and D. to which I was not privy (I think it was mostly the attitude issue) which made the decision. He helped pay for the cage and food. She bought the rat.
I'll post a picture of R. and her baby, whom she named "Magpie," very soon. For now, here's a shot of me with one of our many rats. In the foreground you can just see the head of my grandmother's Schnauzer, Casey, looking up at me. I don't know whether he's looking at the rat or the ball, but this is a pretty cool testament to how comfortable I was with animals, even at a young age. (It's doubtful that the animals were as comfortable with me...)
No comments:
Post a Comment