Tuesday, January 30, 2007

On the mend

The girls are both better. It's almost as though they had 2 different flu's - R had a fever and no energy, but her stomach was fine and now she has a post-flu cough. S was sick to her stomach every 2 hours for 10 hours, but had no real fever.

D and I remain well, although I was sabotaged again by a glass of wine with dinner and I fell asleep early on the couch and woke up an hour later, very grumpy in part because D had been playing a PS2 game in the same room while I slept and the incessant maddening tune that accompanied it had invaded my dreams, and in part because I didn't get to the gym for a short run like I'd told myself I would.

I think I need to just plain NOT drink alcohol. Even a small glass seems to erode my humanity, and between that and lots of "comfort eating" while I was home with the girls, my self-esteem is in sad shape.

I need to write a poem to restore my faith in myself.

No comments: