I'm having a very difficult time staying awake enough to post anything, and in fact, fell asleep a few poems shy of finishing today's Sealey Challenge book. But I woke again long enough to check all those little items off the list. Tweet. Post. Earlier I submitted poems.
It was over 102 degrees today and is still in the 70s at nearly 11pm. Rolling blackouts from PG&E in Rohnert Park, power outages in Santa Rosa, apparently.
D. says we've become a 3rd world country: blackouts, police brutality, corrupt government.
I think yes and no. Yes, it's worse. But then I remember Deaf Republic, and think maybe this is a 1st-world kind of 3rd-world-ness. My most immediate problem at the moment is the army of rats that roam our backyard in the dark and eat the tomatoes just as they're turning. Tonight I enclosed the plants in wire mesh (hardware cloth) as though they're living reliquaries. Get through that, rodents.
No comments:
Post a Comment