Friday, August 21, 2020

Shelter-in-Place, Day 157

I'm plum tuckered out, and am grateful to have made it to the weekend. This could be because I worked 10 of the last 11 days, the fires burn on, and there is now talk of another electrical storm moving in.

Regardless of D.'s certainty that we're in no immediate danger, I will feel much better after taking some time this weekend to get my evacuation ducks in a row, should it come to that.

I currently have 134 pieces pending word back from literary magazines (which is to say, 4 poems here, 5 poems there, etc., with many simultaneous submissions of the same poems) because I have submitted every day this month; I have read a book of poetry every day this month for The Sealey Challenge, and I have blogged both here and in my poetry blog, and have tweeted (heaven help me) daily. I am writing this (setting this down!) not to boast to anyone in particular but to encourage myself to keep it up for another 10 days. 

But as I say, I'm out of spoons for now.

No comments: