Sunday, August 23, 2020

Shelter-in-Place, Day 159

The air is still horribly smokey, but I just heard a light patter of rain. We are hoping for moisture without lightning, without wind. The next few hours will make a difference, one way or another, to the people fighting so hard to save homes and cities from burning. The Press Democrat lists the Wallbridge Fire (in the northwest) like this:

52,068 / 5%
Acres / Contained

Sounds grim, and it kind of is. But earlier today that containment was 0%. So this feels like progress.

It's Sunday night. Tomorrow, the library branches are likely to be open, although union members are very concerned about risks and air quality. I hope to sleep well, in spite of being worried about the weather. I spent hours outside (with a mask on) working on the yard in very high temperatures, and I'm especially tired from it. Clearly, too tired to compose a blog post. These self-imposed challenges are just silly, sometimes. 

No comments: