Saturday, August 15, 2020

Shelter-in-Place, Day 151

 Swelteringly hot again today, and there is more talk of rolling blackouts in California. Residents are asked to conserve energy. I worry about our usage and am making sure we keep lights turned off when not needed, etc. We don't have air conditioning; just two gamers (on the TV screen & a computer), and me with my blog posts for an audience of one and tweets that fall into the abyss of social media. 

Although, having said that, a tweet about reading Leila Chatti's book from Copper Canyon Press has now had 1,680 views and a couple of shares. Which is a little odd, and a little exciting, and really, in the world of social media, means nothing. (Okay, admittedly, part of me thinks social media in general means nothing. No offense to those 1,680 people.)

Tomorrow I will have a one-day weekend before a change in schedule puts me back at work. I am not sure how I'll squeeze two days of weekend into one, but I'm sure whatever outdoor work I might do will have to happen before 10am. More time indoors to read and write and perhaps watch a movie and clean out paperwork. I know what you're thinking, gentle reader: what an exhilarating life she leads!


No comments: