Friday, April 09, 2021

Art is What You Can Get Away With

Apparently, Andy Warhol said this. 

The topic came up when I showed him the work of Agenetha Dyck in Canada. She places objects in bee hives and removes them after the bees have built wax over them. Here is an example: her "masked ball" series.

I'm think the pieces are interesting, if a little creepy - but nowhere near as creepy as a mouse that has been mummified by propolis. 

I really miss having bees. Even though I know I'm just delaying until we're in a better physical place for me to keep them, I miss them horribly. 

I had my second vaccine shot this morning, followed by a visit to the dentist, followed by an extraordinarily unhealthy meal as a last cheat day activity before six weeks of very healthy living. While I ate what was basically straight-up junk, I did think of one of R.'s catch-phrases, which is "I was making regrets." 

No comments: