Wednesday, April 07, 2021

The Blessing of Invisibility

I don't believe anyone is reading these blog posts, which you would think would be discouraging, but instead seems to give me a sense of license and liberation. 

What does it matter what I write? It does not. But what does matter, to me, is that I write something. Almost anything. It's an exercise that improves the quality of my life, especially if done daily to develop the habit and the writing "muscle." I could write about the difficulty day I had at work, and even go into some detail in the interest of practicing my narrative skills, but I don't have to, so I won't. And the truth is that I don't even want to give it that much more time or energy. The workday was tough. I might even have shed a tear or two. It's over. I learned from it. Ça suffit. 


No comments: