Thursday, April 01, 2021

Shelter-in-Place Day 380: National Poetry Month, Again

Spring is here, shouting itself all over the yard with its long grass and sprouting weeds and blossoms: a blanket of oxalis and a new line of daffodils. The lilacs are coming, and the roses, and the nigella and buddleia. And it is National Poetry Month.

Elsa the chicken and daffodils

And because I am a sucker for a self-inflicted dare and felt so pleased (read: smugly satisfied) about it last year, I am going to try again to blog daily and submit poems daily this April. 

Day One. So far, so good.

So much has happened since February, I could fill a screen with the updates. But I shall parcel out the news a bit at a time. The highlights in no particular order: the dog continues to do very well indeed, in defiance of his cancer diagnosis; we are still hoping to find a "house in the country" that we can afford without leaving the area;  local libraries are not quite yet open to the public; the kids are well and happy; the grandchild-to-be is active and growing; D. and I have had our first vaccine shots. 

I have Easter weekend off, and shall slide back in to these daily posts with the time it affords me, so that by Monday, when I'm back at work, I will have set the necessary precedent.

No comments: