Thursday, April 08, 2021

Glutton

 I am a glutton for...well, if not exactly punishment, then at least challenges. I have just signed up for another Whole Life Challenge - six-weeks of lifestyle changes (or habits) to stay healthy and sane, starting Saturday. The habits are nutrition, exercise, mobility, sleep, water, reflection, and well-being. The last one, well-being, usually takes the form of meditation or acts of kindness or time in nature or time away from screens while eating - that sort of thing. I think this might be my sixth challenge, and each time, although I have moments of wondering what in the world I was thinking when I signed up, I do find that I come out of them feeling healthier and more balanced. And it just feels like it's time. Maybe because of, rather than in spite of, all the other challenges in my life. Something to help me focus on what keeps me well.


Tomorrow I get my second COVID-19 vaccine shot, immediately followed by a trip to the dentist for a cleaning. Because why not. I've not planned much more for the rest of tomorrow or Saturday, though, just in case the "jab" (as so many people call it) affects me. At the very least, though, I hope to go through the mountain of paperwork I've left in the living room...

No comments: