Friday, April 13, 2018

Blame the IRS


This post is a day late, but I am backdating it. Thank you, Blogger, for letting me do so.

This year, for the first time in decades, we owe federal taxes. This is because of a necessary monetary shuffle. (Peter and Paul are both in the brink of bankruptcy, but we’ll survive.) I was having difficulty setting up a revised payment plan online – as it turns out, it’s because our original return payment plan status is pending, or the like – so I called the IRS, just days before taxes are due, expecting to wait before I could speak to someone.

After an hour on hold, my connection dropped.

I called back.

Two hours and ten minutes or so later, I reached a very kind and helpful agent (#10010etc.).

So we’re now all set.

The backstory is that while I was on hold, I left the house, picked up S. from school, took her shopping for prom dresses to multiple places (in thick commuter traffic, with the added distraction of making way for emergency vehicles), and had a phone with a dying battery and a charger that was barely working. It was comical….

(And here, I must pause, to go to work a day after all those events! I shall continue anon.)


No comments: