I can also think of it as a practice of living in the moment. Sometimes the moment is simple.
I’ve had a lovely email from the poet whose book I just reviewed, thanking me for what I wrote and how I wrote it . My particular blend of pride and historically low self-esteem make this kind of message extremely gratifying on a personal level, but more importantly, I feel as though I am starting, very slowly, to establish new relationships with new poets and the world of poetry outside of my comfort zone. And this is a good thing. It’s scary, but in a good way, to put yourself out there in the world with the work that matters to you.
On the home front, the latest news is that we shall have a new roof soon! It’s probably been over a decade—perhaps closer to two!—that we’ve needed one, and although the stress of the expense is significant, it’s bound to be less than the stress that I know D. feels, and has felt, every single time it rains.
Here's a roof from the website of PFR Roofing in Milford Haven, Wales. Although we're not getting slate put on a stone cottage, a girl can dream.
Now it’s a question of cleaning out the attic, which we need to do anyway, for the garage sale S. wants to have to raise money for herself for tracker school. Lightening the load!

No comments:
Post a Comment